-->
SHOP   |   HOME   |  ABOUT   |   ART   |  TWITTER

Thursday 8 August 2013

Pleated Skirt

Today was a very productive day. I'm halfway through making a pleated skirt! Like sailormoon *U*
I hit a few bumps across the way, but now I have learned and can hopefully make things better second time around. I made the skirt a couple of inches past the knee, didn't want it short.
Skirts are not so easy to make, I made so many mistakes on this one. But we learn by our mistakes... I suppose.
Those pins are little weapons! ´д` ; I must have stabbed myself a million times!!! I'm sure this skirt has tiny blood stains all over it, if not its a miracle! Safe to say, If I can avoid using pins......... I do (눈‸눈)
Hopefully magic is real, and I become a professional in no time! (´-﹏-`;)


I have sewn the pleats, and neatened everything out. So tomorrow will work on sewing both sides of the skirt together as well as hopefully adding the elastic at the top and covering that up.
No idea how to do the elastic part. Hopefully I can find some tutorials to help me out. le' excite! o(≧▽≦)o

I used a simple white material, which I had plenty of. Once I get to grips with things, I will use prettier material. Might add some lace heart shaped pockets, I have too many ideas (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ !!

Also took a trip down the fabric store a couple of days ago and got fabric for bows and snap wallets. Might make a choker or too also, which is the reason for the little ribbon roses there. I just can't resist fruit print fabric! No idea what to do with the zippers yet, bought them for no reason.. yup, don't take me to a craft store, i tend to just buy everything. 




Here are two new bows I made last week, using the fabric I bought. Just waiting on my hair clips to attach to these, then up on the shop they go! yay! The cupcake stand is definitely going to be used at my stall at markets, so pretty..


So to end, A pictire of my Birdies...(=゚ω゚)ノ cause why the hell not. Look how cute!!!....
v
v
v
v








No comments:

Post a Comment